2014 was a busy year for Oracle EPM, with new product launches, research studies, as well as customer events like Oracle OpenWorld. Let’s look back at the top highlights.
1. Oracle released Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS). No longer are organizations constrained by their hardware and IT resources – organizations embraced the idea of SaaS for company-wide planning and budgeting in 2014. With Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service, companies can access world-class planning with the simplicity of the cloud. Find out more about PBCS in this ebook or get details here.
2. Oracle released its 2014 EPM Trends report. Oracle surveyed hundreds of IT and finance decision makers to learn about their Enterprise Performance Management plans for 2014—both within the Oracle customer base and the industry at large. Respondents provided specific feedback on their current use and plans for financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, costing, financial close, use of technology and the cloud, sustainability reporting and more. From this data set we compiled the following trends link.
3. Oracle was again recognized as a Market Leader in the 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Corporate Performance Management Suites . For the eighth consecutive year, Gartner recognized Oracle as a Market Leader in its 2014 Magic Quadrant for Corporate Performance Management Suites. In this year’s report, among the market leaders, Oracle is positioned with the highest ability to execute and the farthest in completeness of vision. To view the report, click here.
4. Oracle published The OVUM EPM ROI Study. This comprehensive study of large, experienced EPM customers provided very tangible best practices and results. For example, Oracle Enterprise Performance Management delivers >200% return on investment. Oracle Enterprise Performance Management delivers +NPV by the end of Year 1. For more details and results, click here
5. Oracle published the CFO Research Report: Modern Finance in the Digital Age.
In the new era of cloud, social, mobile, and big data technologies, the CFO is uniquely positioned to create modern, technology-enabled business models and stronger C-suite collaboration. Learn more about the best practices CFOs must apply to create an effective modern finance organization. Click here.
6. Oracle announced B/E Aerospace as the 2014 EPM Innovation Award Winner. In just nine months, B/E Aerospace completed a full-scale implementation that was delivered on time and under budget. As a result, they were able to reduce by 80 percent the amount of time it takes to mine data from more than 30 sources, plus, they can acquire new companies and integrate their financials in three to four weeks instead of six months—dramatically speeding assimilation and reinforcing their acquisition strategy. All strategic and financial goals were met on time and, in some cases, under budget. To learn more about our winner, watch this video
7. EPM goes Mobile! Today’s businesses need to identify business performance insights and optimize decisions anywhere, anytime. The mobile capabilities in Oracle’s EPM System deliver these insights and unlock productivity gains and business value across the enterprise. View EPM Mobile capabilities in this video or click here for details.
8. Oracle announced its new Operational Transfer Pricing solution. Operational Transfer Pricing is a profit allocation methodology required of multinational corporations. Specifically, the ultimate goal of transfer pricing is to ensure that intercompany allocations result in true economic profitability by legal entity. In today’s global economy, profitability can be significantly impacted by goods and services exchanged between the related divisions within a multinational company. For more information, listen to this podcast, or click here for more details.
9. Oracle OpenWorld video series published on YouTube. There are so many excellent presenters at Oracle OpenWorld each year, but it is impossible for some to attend the event, and impossible for those that do attend to get to every session. Many of our Business Analytics speakers agreed to share some of the highlights of their presentations so that everyone would have a chance to learn. To view videos, click here.
10. Collaborate 2014 video series published on YouTube.
Collaborate is a North American conference comprised of the three major Oracle User groups – IOUG, OAUG and Quest. For those that missed a session or the conference, several speakers shared their Business Analytics presentation stories with us on video, and they were published on our Business Analytics YouTube channel. To view videos, click here.
As we move into 2015, there are many exciting developments in store, and you can expect to see us talking more about cloud and new digital technologies in EPM.
Disclaimer: 1)Oracle, Oracle Hyperion, Hyperion and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and / or its Affiliates 2)Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft and / or its affiliates 3)Any other trademark, name, logo, images, etc. are copyright and trademark of its respective owner which also includes Innov8 Infinite Technology Pvt.Ltd.